Abrams, Favreau on Star Wars: Episode VII Rumors

♦ by Unknown Friday 9 November 2012

Would either Star Trek's J.J. Abrams or Iron Man's Jon Favreau want to direct Star Wars: Episode VII? Both filmmakers have been buzzed about for the job. HollywoodLife.com posed that very question to both men.

Calling himself a huge Star Wars fan, Abrams said, “I frankly feel that – I almost feel that, in a weird way, the opportunity for whomever it is to direct that movie, it comes with the burden of being that kind of iconic movie and series. I was never a big Star Trek fan growing up, so for me, working on Star Trek didn’t have any of that, you know, almost fatal sacrilege, and so, I am looking forward more then anyone to the next iterations of Star Wars, but I believe I will be going as a paying moviegoer!”

Favreau seemed more open to the idea of directing the first installment in the next trilogy: "I think both J.J. and I come from a generation of people who formed our whole creative persona around what we experienced as kids from watching those films, and I have had the good fortune of working with George [Lucas] and around George, and whether it is doing a voice on Clone Wars, or being at the Skywalker Ranch mixing Iron Man – so I have been very happy and lucky to just experience the culture that Lucas has created, both in my own life growing up as a kid and professional – whether it was interviewing him at film festivals on stage, he is just a really wonderful, talented gifted guy who has changed the business so much, so I am just giddy, first and foremost as a fan, to see what happens with it."

Favreau cotinued, "I think there is a lot of question marks of how they are going to do it, and who they are going to do it with, and what the story is going to be about; but to say that I am not excited about it is definitely an understatement. We’ll see.”

Oscar winner Michael Arndt is currently scripting Episode VII, which is slated to begin filming in 2014 for a 2015 release.


Source : feeds[dot]ign[dot]com

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment